Natural Family Health Care
These are some stressful times we live in – in many ways. This is the era of “super moms” and heavy-duty occupation-related travel. A depressing economy, jobs or joblessness, after-school sports, meal preparation, homework, volunteering, social networks, household chores, food shopping, vacations…they all add up to major stress!
How do you think you should deal with this stress?
The correct answer is… (d)!
Here are some suggestions that might just help you deal with your particular stressors:
• Spend the first 15 minutes of each day in a comfy chair or lying in bed, just being still and quiet, deep breathing, thinking about the day ahead and planning it out so you are better prepared for any challenges you might face
• Read a good book
• See a new movie, preferably with friend so you can talk about it!
• Take up a hobby, but one that relaxes you, not one that adds extra pressure. For example, some people find a good game of golf to be relaxing, while others agonize over every golf stroke
• Try visualization, where you go to a restful, peaceful place in your mind and stay there for a bit, taking in the peace and the calm
• Enroll in Yoga/Tai Chi class or use other forms of exercise that help you to relax
• Practice progressive muscle relaxation, from your toes up or your head down
• Get a nice relaxing massage, manicure, pedicure, facial or whatever makes you feel good
• Listen to some soothing music, with your eyes closed
• Listen to a meditation tape (but not while you’re driving!)
It’s important to your health that you find ways to manage stress, before your stress manages you in the form of some type of illness.
Of course, regular chiropractic adjustments in our office are also fantastic stress-busters. Make sure you keep up with your regular appointments, especially when you are facing more stressful life situations. We want you to be as healthy as you can because, after all, you’re counting on you!